What is SENS?
SENS - Social Economy Network Serbia is the only national network that brings together social enterprises.
What we do?
By connecting people and ideas, SENS contributes to the creation of new common strategies for the development of social entrepreneurship, by:
- Connecting social enterprises in Serbia and the region;
- Promoting social enterprises and raising awareness of their importance;
- Providing to its members the most relevant information in the field of social entrepreneurship;
- Offering to its members educational materials, business training, as well as study tours in the country and abroad;
- Providing social enterprises with quality business and development support through training and services of specialised associates;
- Lobbying for social entrepreneurship among stakeholders from the public and private sectors;
- Promoting social enterprises with potential buyers of their products and their beneficiaries;
- Providing advice and assistance in securing new sources of funding in Serbia;
- Organising meetings, conferences and lectures.
SENS is committed to the development of a strong and sustainable social economy in Serbia. Social economy is important because it connects the resolution of social problems with sustainable business solutions.
- Provide sustainable models for improving local communities;
- Contribute to the development of skills and knowledge of people in local communities;
- Assist vulnerable groups to integrate into society through work;
- Create jobs for people who have difficulties in finding a job;
- Provide social services to vulnerable groups;
- Contribute to the protection of the environment.
SENS is the only national network that brings together social enterprises.
Membership in SENS is open for all social enterprises and is free.
Many people with entrepreneurial spirit want to be involved in the field of small and medium-sized enterprises by launching their own business - while also, through their work they want to do something good for their community and the people around them. If you recognise yourself in this - social entrepreneurship is the opportunity for you!
You will have our full support, free advice, training and business assistance in starting your social enterprise.
If your business operates with a strong awareness of a clear social problem to whose solution it is contributed through its work - you might already have a social enterprise but you are not aware of that!
In Serbia, there are many companies that are not recognised as social enterprises, as well as companies that have great potential to become social enterprises. Reasons to join the network are manifold: SENS will help you define the model of your business operation and strengthen its position on the market; it will connect you with other social enterprises and provide you with the latest information from the field of social entrepreneurship.
Social entrepreneurship is ideal for all associations of citizens that seek greater freedom in work and in financial decision making, offering less reliance on donors by creating additional sources of income. If you want your organisation to be successful in achieving its mission, SENS will help you accomplish this through the use of market strategies.